Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Snowy Hawaiian Thanksgiving


The first snow was this weeeeeek!!!!! AH it was so beautiful. I ate my breakfast out in it. Utah is such a beautiful place!!


So..if you didn't know, I have the most amazing boy in my life. Brennen helped pay for me to fly home for Thanksgiving. We had talked about it a lot but because of our...unusual circumstances we didn't know if it would end up happening. I got my ticket on Tuesday night and I'm so freakishly excited to get to spend a whole week with him. I've missed him terribly, and Mom and Dad of course!! Love you guys =)I get to come camp for a day or MAYBE more with the rest of the family so that should be great!

Our ward started this get to know you activity at the beginning of the semester. One apartment of guys and one apartment of girls get together for a themed dinner they draw out of a hat at ward prayer. It was our turn this week and I drew out LUAU! The boys attempted to make some Hawaiian chicken but they didn't know that you have to thaw chicken before you cook it (which I didn't know either). We ended up ordering Hawaiian pizza and drinking fruit punch. Real creative huh? We were in charge of decorations and costuming. I love stuff like that so you can imagine how crazy Iwent with the streamers! A lot of Shelby's family is Maori because her mom is from New Zealand, so attempted to teach us a little bit of hula. The boys were terrible.


Saturday was our last home football game and it was super fun because the guys sitting by us were completely NUTS!



I love how every time I'm confused or have no idea what to do, there are these perfect instances when the Lord helps me figure it out. This week I found my true feelings about certain things. Life seems a little more clear.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a good example to me. Thank you for sharing your stories about how you are directed. I'm so stoked we will get to see you at Thanksgiving. Gotta love that Brennen guy :)

Jeff and Janet Kirk said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. Go Cougars. We love you. I'm glad you feel directed. Being able to feel and follow the direction of the Holy Spirit is a true gift from God.

Laura said...

Hey Jessi! It looks like you are having so much fun at school! We sure miss your sweet spirit around here though. I hope all continues to go well for you!

About Me

My photo
Who knew that life could be so fun? My philosophy is that anyone can find joy. You just have to look in the right places! My goal is to never stop looking for and adding to the list of things that bring me joy.