Friday, September 5, 2008

Boa Noite



"Goodnight" in portugese.

My man is going to Brazil! Londrina to be exact. No idea where that is yet? Maybe I should look that up!
As I was walking home from my second day of classes, I was on speaker phone with Brennen and his entire family. He was ripping open his call letter (I could hear that but nothing else). He cut out RIGHT when he read where he was going so all I heard was that he was to report on December 27th!! When the yelling and screaming from his family finally stopped I yelled "Where the heck are you going?!" and he gently said Brazil. I think the fact that he gets to serve for real people in a real country had just set in. I felt really weird at first, knowing that I'd see him again and that our closer last Saturday wasn't really closer. But I do get to learn how to snowboard from him now! I am so excited for him though. He has already bought a portugese dictionary and memorized the numbers and months. A Brazil soccer jersey is already being shipped to his house along with a big flag. Its awesome he is needed in a place that loves what he loves- soccer.



I'm sure he'll have amazing stories and experiences. He's an amazing kid.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Jessi-

I am so glad you have a blog now! I will love to live through your BYU experiance. I loved, loved it there...my second time around. You will have such an amazing time. It will be hard at times but you will find you grow in the gospel so much, you grow in knowledge and strenth and you will grow into a very well rounded women. So, glad you are there!! Also very excited for Brennan. I am sure he will and do great. Hey, I need to know your email you use for blogger so I can add you to our blog list.

About Me

My photo
Who knew that life could be so fun? My philosophy is that anyone can find joy. You just have to look in the right places! My goal is to never stop looking for and adding to the list of things that bring me joy.