Monday, September 29, 2008

Dumpy Days and Disco Skates

So You Think You Can Dance 2008




Last week sucked. Thats about it. I lost my cell phone and I feel completely hindered without it. I was finally adjusting to life up here and then a few days last week just hit me really hard.

The Lord has really blessed me with an amazing brother and best friend. They really know how to take care of me. Especially when I have bad days like that. Todd was so sweet to come a watch a dance performance with me on Saturday. I know he didnt really want to, but he did anyways. The women's General Relief Society meeting was on Saturday evening. President Uchtdorf's words were so good for me. I have felt so...inadaquate up here and thats just what he talked about. He explained that the only way to over come those feelings is to serve. Then so perfectly...I finally got my calling on Sunday. I'm the ward activities co-chair so I get to plan all the ward parties! Its a perfect job for me because I love to do that kind of stuff and I think I'll really be able to serve. I talk to Brennen all the time about going on a mission. I would love to be able to serve the Lord completely for eighteen months of my life. I just don't know if that will be right for me at that time in my life. I hate not knowing! I just wish I knew what I was going to do!

Saturday night I went disco skating with one of my friends that lives in the building across from me. We had lots of fun, getting dressed up. I even had on GREEN eye shadow! We looked pretty ridiculous, but I think my camera got messed up when it was in his pocket because he kept falling on his butt..




You would miss him too.


I love him. I want to become the person he sees me as.

4 comments:

The Gallands said...

I love you! I'm sorry you had a tough week but love your attitude about it. I know you'll be fine~ I would love to go to any activity that you planned :)

Unknown said...

WE love you too. You can always catch some blog love if you are missing us :) Thanks for sharing.

Jeff and Janet Kirk said...

Great post, Sweetheart. Things always have a way of working out. Hang in there. And what's with the picture of Brennen? Is he supposed to be Gandhi?

Unknown said...

You are pretty much awesome. Thanks for thinking of me and telling me about it. It makes me so proud! Love you bunches...

About Me

My photo
Who knew that life could be so fun? My philosophy is that anyone can find joy. You just have to look in the right places! My goal is to never stop looking for and adding to the list of things that bring me joy.